Monday, January 31, 2011

Angel or Demon?


Angel or Demon?

So, I could go on and on and tell you nothing, rambling of sorts. But that wouldn't be fun now, would it? Anyways, I sat in my room yesterday and knew exactly what I was going to say, that I was this perfect little angel.

My mommy told me not to lie.

So, if you did think I was an angel..it's not too late to change your mind.

Way back when, I was in 6th grade, I could remember feeling so much remorse for doing even the smallest thing wrong. Now, I simply couldn't care less. Let us drink the drink of the devil. Let us smuggle illegal drugs. You see...we only have one life, and I plan to live it. I have about 80 years to do what I want, so while I still have the ability to do it, I will.

Yes, we may get in trouble, yelling and screaming flying across the room, but what the hell? I will not sit around listening to others telling me how to live my life.

We are young, we make silly mistakes. This can't stop us, only teach us about the future. Parents say, "keep holding on, keep holding on", and we hang on to that day, when we make our own decisions, when we are the face of our lives,

When we are our TRUE selves.

Fun and games, my life is not. I still aspire to do something with myself in the future, get a great job, have a family. The things that everyone wants. I hold on to know that these things will be granted to me, even though I feel like falling apart when I can't achieve them in a shorter time.

But wait...I'm not actually a true demon.

Yes, my wardrobe may be clad with black. And yes, maybe I am okay with drinking my problems away. But, when your on my good side, I am the sweetest person you know. I would take my life, to save just about anyone else's. I love life, and love living it. And the reason that I do think What the Hell, is because I wouldn't trade my life for anyones. No matter how bad I may be treated, there is time for those people to grow up, and there is time for me to live a life I want.


I know that this does NOT come easily. It is something I have to work at. I realize that I go to school to go make money to live later on in life. And the thing is, I CAN become a video game designer, I CAN become president, I CAN become a doctor, I CAN become a graphics artist. All it takes is these few years, to do what I want for the rest of my life.

We only have one chance to be young. When we get older, we will fall in to blah. What I mean by "blah" is that we will have no self-expressionism. We will all walk around in our tuxedos and pencil skirts. We will get rid of the skinny jeans, the multitude of jelly bracelets. But, underneath all of that...

We Are Who WE Are.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh Colton, you're such a great writer!
    I know I'll be eliminated this week.. so I really hope you win <3
    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete